Philip is an associate at Leppla Associates, Ltd., a native of the Dayton area, and has practiced law in Dayton, Ohio since 2012, representing individuals, families, and small businesses. He is admitted to practice in the State of Ohio (2012) and the United States Southern District Court of Ohio.
Practice Areas: Land Use & Zoning, Environmental Law, Civil Litigation, Sustainability Consulting, Business Law, Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Probate, Etc.
Admitted: 2012 Ohio and U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio.
Law School: Capital University Law School (J.D., Cum Laude, 2012).
College: The Ohio State University (B.A., Cum Laude, 2008).
Awards: Super Lawyers Rising Star (2016-2020)
Mr. Leppla is an associate attorney at Leppla Associates, Ltd., which serves individuals, businesses, and family clients in a general practice emphasizing environmental law, land use and zoning, sustainability consulting, business and property matters, injury claims, malpractice, ethics, etc. The firm has represented clients in a variety of settings including those involving trial verdicts in Montgomery, Miami, Preble, Greene and Warren counties in the Greater Dayton area, as well as throughout Ohio. Prior to joining Leppla Associates, Philip worked as a law clerk for the Columbus City Attorney’s Office and the Legal Aid Society of Columbus, as a judicial law clerk with Judge Connie S. Price at the Montgomery County Common Pleas Court, and as an intern with the City of Columbus, Mayor’s Policy Office.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- City of Dayton Environmental Advisory Board, Board Member
- City of Dayton Landmarks Commission, Commissioner
- CleanEnergy4All, President of Board of Directors
- Solar United Neighbors of Ohio, Advisory Board Member
- Drive Electric Dayton, Member
- E2 (Environmental Entrepreneurs), Member
- Miami Valley Trial Lawyers Association, Treasurer
- Ohio Association for Justice, Member
- Dayton Bar Association, Member
- Founding organizer of the Dayton Area Solar Co-ops
- Generation Dayton, Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Dayton Unit NAACP, Lifetime Member
Philip is a proud downtown Dayton resident, along with his wife, Heather, and daughter, Sydney. He enjoys hiking in Yellow Springs on the weekend, going to concerts, is a huge Buckeyes and Cleveland sports fan, and is an avid cyclist who participates annually in cancer research rides, including Pelotonia, Closer to Free Ride, and VeloSano.