Philip is a graduate of The Ohio State University (B.A., Cum Laude, 2008) and Capital University Law School (J.D., Cum Laude, 2012). During his time at Ohio State, Philip received an award from the Political Science Department for Outstanding Undergraduate Majors and studied pre-law abroad at the University of Oxford in Oxford, England. During law school, Philip was Treasurer for the Capital University Law School Democrats, and Treasurer and Secretary for the Environmental Law Society. He also completed an Independent Study for Environmental Law Professor Dennis D. Hirsch, titled Green Urban Zoning: A Retreat from Sprawl, and received Pro Bono Legal Honors for public service legal work throughout law school.
Notable Professional Experience Includes:
- Successfully negotiated a settlement of a Federal claim for disability employment benefits in the Southern District Court of Ohio, Western Division
- Participated in settlement negotiations of a multi-million dollar settlement with medical providers in a medical malpractice case for a family with an severely injured child
- Effectuated the recoupment of thousands of dollars owed to a local trucking company
- Successfully represented a homeowner in a dispute with a contractor in a construction lawsuit
- Second chair in multiple medical malpractice jury trials
- Recovered damages for an injured client after being bitten by a dog at a homeowner’s house
- Represented a newspaper over a dispute regarding legal advertising
Prior to joining Leppla Associates, Philip worked as a law clerk for the Columbus City Attorney’s Office and the Legal Aid Society of Columbus, as a judicial law clerk with Judge Connie S. Price at the Montgomery County Common Pleas Court, and as an intern with the City of Columbus, Mayor’s Policy Office.
Professional and Community Activities:
- Dayton Bar Association
- Ohio Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- City of Dayton Landmarks Commission member
Bar & Court Admissions:
- S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Philip is a proud downtown Dayton resident, along with his wife, Heather. He enjoys hiking in Yellow Springs on the weekend, going to concerts, is a huge Buckeyes and Cleveland sports fan, and is an avid cyclist who participates annually in Pelotonia (a grassroots bike tour meant to raise money for The Ohio State University James Cancer Hospital for cancer research).